Devour to Divide



Not long ago I was traveling back to Jos from my village and I bought dog meat to make the journey more enjoyable. Alongside myself in the vehicle was my dad, sister, and my grandma who is now frail with age.

Do you know how they say red meat isn't healthy for the aged and people with some conditions? Well, dog meat is red meat, and my grandma had been cautioned against partaking in this glorious delight.

I knew her teeth were too good for her age, for while her age mates have either lost theirs or can only dine on soft food, she didn't have that limitation. So when she first declined, I thought she just didn't like dog meat, but after some real persuasion to either eat or tell me why she wouldn't, she gave in and said it was doctor's orders. 

My message to you is from my response to her: with a smile,  I said, "Let me eat all the meat I can while I'm still young." She smiled knowingly.

TD Jakes said, "If you do not devour in the morning, you'll have nothing to divide in the evening." We do not want to work, but wish to partake in the spoils of the labor of others. 

You may be young now, but remember that as with everything, even youth doesn't last forever. Make the most of every opportunity while you still have the strength. Devour every meat while it is still healthy to do so.

Work now, while there is still stamina, for shortly you will have neither the strength not the desire and thrill to go hunting.

Do not kid yourself that there is still time- there isn't. Many a man have successfully lied to themselves that they have time and strength, only to discover too late that they've lost their teeth or that it is no longer healthy to consume red meat.

Do not live a life of regret. Make hay while the sun still shines.

To a better life, Ban.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BE THE VOICE

The 'Bedangered'

Take a Step